Oh’s Taekwondo Centre is a custom-built martial arts school that has been designed specifically for taekwondo training.
The Centre is one large studio space measuring over 160m2. Our shock-absorbing floor is covered with high quality flexible foam mats. The non-slip mat surface provides support for stepping and kicking drills.
The studio is air conditioned for student comfort and all sparring protection and other equipment such as kicking bags and punching targets are provided for student use during classes.
The studio also features full bathroom facilities including a shower.
Our taekwondo school is located in Yarraville, just 10 mins from Melbourne CBD.
At Oh's Taekwondo Centre, a student can expect to take part in the following:
- Learning the techniques and curriculum of taekwondo
- High and low intensity training, including stretching
- Self-defense techniques
- Forms – which are a set pattern of defending and attacking moves
- Sparring, which may include 3, 2 and 1 step sparring, free-style sparring, arranged sparring and/or point sparring
- Relaxation and meditation exercises
- Throwing and/or falling techniques
- Exams (called gradings) to progress to the next rank
- A focus on mental and ethical discipline, justice, etiquette, respect, and self-confidence.